U.S. Military Service
- Retired U.S. Air Force officer (included eleven years of enlisted service).
- Managed nuclear weapons, aircraft, and programs with assets over two billion dollars; much greater amounts if considered cumulatively.
- Senior Nuclear Weapons Technical Inspector, Defense Nuclear Agency. Conducted nuclear weapons technical inspections for units (on land, ships, and submarines) throughout the Department of Defense (DoD) and NATO.
- F117A Stealth Fighter Operations Group Commander for Maintenance, in Southwest Asia near the end of Desert Storm. Responsible for all aircraft maintenance and repair, bomb loading, and aircraft launch/recovery.
- Commanded a Strategic Air Command (SAC) Combat Weapons Loading Team which included a "nuclear SWAT” team.
- Saved hundreds of thousands of dollars as manager of an Air Launched Cruise Missile project and numerous other critical nuclear weapons projects.
- Nuclear weapons test launch Project Officer.
- Managed nuclear weapon alert commitments for B-52 bombers.
- Nuclear and aircraft accident investigation board leader and member.
- Inspected U.S. Air Force Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) units.
- Taught Total Quality Management, and successfully implemented it for an F117A Stealth Fighter Group during a Desert Storm deployment in Southwest Asia.
- Director of the Weapons and Explosives Safety Division, USAF Weapons and Tactics Center, responsible for all explosives safety programs throughout Nellis Air Force Base and the Nellis Range Complex.
Public Safety Service
- Developed/managed the City’s first forensic laboratory and Crime Scene Section (CSI).
- Current Criminalistics Bureau Administrator, Laboratory Director, and CSI Manager, Henderson Police Department (civilian/non-sworn employee).
- Recently obtained Forensic Testing Laboratory International Accreditation ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board
- Implemented/managed Henderson’s first automated fingerprint identification system (AFIS).
- Solved 1998 Henderson rape/murder cold-case, during second month of employement (May 2000) Training on new print ID system leads to suspect in slaying
- Implemented/managed the first electronically searchable palm print ID system used in Nevada.
- Solved a murder in Rotterdam, Netherlands, through footprint analysis and subsequent identification.
- Law Enforcement Accreditation Manager and Section Supervisor, Henderson Police Department.
- Responsible for department policies, procedures, and internal inspections
- 2013 – Obtained first “Gold Standard, with Excellence” award in Nevada, from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement (CALEA) Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement (CALEA)
- Conducted crime scene investigation training for police officers in Mexico (2006).
- Senior Crime Scene Analyst (CSI), Las Vegas Metro PD
- Police Officer, Lompoc, CA
- Master of Aeronautical Science, Aerospace Management
- Bachelor of Science, Business Management
- Associate in Applied Science, Nuclear Technology
- Regis University, affiliate faculty 2010–2015
- Southern Desert Regional Police Academy 2000–2007 and 2013-2016. Introduction to Forensic Science, Evidence, Fingerprints, and Crime Scene Investigation courses.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, adjunct faculty 1992–2000
- Nevada State College 2003–2005, developed/taught “Executive Leadership and Management”
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Elderhostel programs 2004–2009
- Chairman and Board Member, Motorola International Biometrics Users’ Group Executive Board, representing agencies in thirty-two countries and twenty-five states in the U.S. (2002-2009).